Possible New Road From Lakes At 610 Dr. To West Bellfort Ave.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, astrohip said:

Which side of Rover Oaks is that on? I have a relative that works there I can ask what's going on.

Here is the view from Google Earth.

After looking at the aerial, it would totally make sense for a new street, bypassing the Buffalo Speedway intersection leading onto West Bellfort.

Or, maybe a CenterPoint access road? Which I doubt.

Edit: Apparently the street has been in the works for a while? I see it's already outlined.

NCt1uDr.jpeg

Are you talking about the strip of land behind Rover Oaks? I'd be stunned if they make that a road, when all it does it create a very minor shortcut between two roads that aren't that busy.

I'll ask her, she's actually coming to stay with us (I'm in Brenham now) since they lost power again.

• Like 1

I really don't know what this is.  CenterPoint's utility easements are usually in grass/gravel right? 

If it's apart of the dog resort, dogs walk better on grass than a paved black top.

Too small to be an actual city street.  Maybe a private road for CenterPoint or the dog resort.

Pictures from today:

oJIiak9.jpeg

ohyB3k9.jpeg

She said at one time it was owned by one of the car dealers that are along the loop right there. And they used to store cars on it. She's not sure if they still own it or not.

Makes sense if they store cars to clean it up, asphalt it, then put a fence around it.

• Like 1

That was originally a strip of land owned by Humble Pipeline, which acquired the strips around 1930.

The property is now owned by the car dealership on the Loop to the NW

image.png.4cfb8f5b098cb39d0f1b603ed7c156c7.png

image.png.5cd8bbbbb60a17b08fe8bb411e0bdcec.png

• Like 2

On 7/14/2024 at 4:50 PM, editor said:

Make it a private raceway for test drives!

Maybe that would remove some of the Friday night racers from Westheimer?  It'd be a public service.

On 7/22/2024 at 7:57 AM, august948 said:

Maybe that would remove some of the Friday night racers from Westheimer?  It'd be a public service.

Yep.  And Fannin.  And San Jacinto.  And I was surprised one evening to see them racing through River Oaks.  

If River Oaks people can't get any peace at night, what chance do the rest of us have?