1708 Main Street building gone

This building is getting demolished. The city ordered the building to be demolished 6 months ago after the roof collapsed. The city deemed the building as abandoned and insecure. The owner never demo'd it, and when the derecho storm impacted the city a month ago, the building partially fell onto the neighbors' backyards. The building is now being demo'd by the city with the cost coming from tax-payers. The department of neighborhoods will eventually put a lien on the property to get the money back.

Honestly, hopefully this landlord losses this property, someone could have gotten hurt and now the city has to clean up this mess when they have other things to worry about. 

https://abc13.com/post/building-collapsed-yards-demolished-after-13-investigates-history/14940767/

image.png.016d42d4056146dc9ff7ecb9e9b621e4.png

image.png.970fc068f571f56090862d87b772c21e.png

• Like 3

I was glad to see that one is coming down, finally. They won't lose it, though. The city will place a lien on the property for the cost of the demolition, which will come out of the sales. That happened when we bought an empty lot near here. The owners had a city lien for demolishing a burned-out house back in the 90s, which they had to pay off before they could sell it to us.

• Like 1

I couldn’t find anything written about this. I thought I had seen something before but is there any information about this address? The building was just demolished. It’s right next to Poppa. burger. I think one time it was a nightclub.

IMG_3272.png

Edited by jessicau

17 hours ago, august948 said:

Looks like a prime location for a gas station/convenience store.

Nah. We need another storage facility like the one that was supposed to go in just up the block at the old Sam's Auto.

• Haha 1

Thanks!! I’m curious who the owner is. What a jerk. I’d love a nice retail center, coffee and food etc. but that’s just me.

On 6/17/2024 at 10:09 AM, HoustonMidtown said:

It was in the news last week...

Building that collapsed into yards demolished after 13 Investigates history of code violations

https://abc13.com/post/building-collapsed-yards-demolished-after-13-investigates-history/14940767/

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2024 at 9:18 AM, jessicau said:

Thanks!! I’m curious who the owner is. What a jerk. I’d love a nice retail center, coffee and food etc. but that’s just me.

That would be nice.

On 6/26/2024 at 9:18 AM, jessicau said:

The owner is an LLC named Investeco Group LLC. Registered agent's address is 3010 McKinney. Here's an appeals court case on the property https://casetext.com/case/rodarte-v-investeco-group. It looks like the ownership, overall, is a mess.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...