Forgot to post my pictures from last weekend.

This retail strip center is located at 4009-4025 Richmond Avenue. The tenants are: Select Physical Therapy, Myvita Wellness, The Dentists at Greenway, Inspire Jiu-Jitsu Academy, Petra Flooring & Blinds. The annexed building includes The Goddard School.

KTNEf8o.jpeg

VSiXi9s.jpeg

7DnJxg6.jpeg

hjg0OyC.jpeg

I was hanging out at the front of this strip center just a few weeks ago. I'm sure they were wondering why I was loitering.

It's next door to River Oaks Car Stereo. Small business, not only sells car stereos, but installs radar detectors (why I was there) and dash cams, etc. They also have a unique side business selling old hi-fi components. When I was there they had a 50 yr old McIntosh power amp for sale.

Dropped my car off, and walked next door to find some shade and wait for my Uber. Strolled around and looked in the window of those businesses you pictured above. Kept waiting for security to run me off.😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, astrohip said:

They also have a unique side business selling old hi-fi components. When I was there they had a 50 yr old McIntosh power amp for sale.😁

I should probably start a thread on old hi-fi components. When I was fifteen I bought a really nice set up (Sansui receiver, Heco speakers, Dual turntable) for a song* from a pharmacy intern my father was mentoring. The intern was returning to his home in Hong Kong and said he could get equal or better once he returned home for less than what it would cost to ship the stuff there.

There are YouTube pieces that remind us what we used to obsess over. Now everyone just listens to music on his or her phone. 🙁

*If you are not old, like me, you may not realize "for a song" means very cheaply. I did not have to sing to the guy else he probably would have thrown me out of his apartment. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1