Woodway Arch Center: Retail At 5750 Woodway Dr.

Wasn't this where the old Barnaby's was located? I see Hungry's is under construction that seems to be replacing the old Barnaby's spot.

Anyone ever tried Hungry's? I believe they have been around for a decade.

eqqIYpd.jpeg

uB0MuCN.jpeg

ElxKBIS.jpeg

Street sign with all the retailers and restaurants:

2pZXJFa.jpeg

Bruce Frankel with Frankel Development Group.

AFaITqH.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

Wasn't this where the old Barnaby's was located?

Looks like they’re merging with the old Le Peep spot too.

• Like 1

That was a Barnaby's. What I believe to be the original Hungry's is located at 2356 Rice Boulevard directly across from Christ the King Evangelical Lutheran Church. The original restaurant appeared to be a converted Dairy Queen. Hungry's  bought the adjacent duplex, demolished it, built a new two-level restaurant, then demolished the original building and turned it into parking for the new building.

I've always liked the salads at Hungry's. I've always liked Barnaby's and I'm pleased to know they still have locations in Houston. I remember fighting the crowds at the original location on Fairview because it was worth it.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 10:12 AM, Specwriter said:

That was a Barnaby's. What I believe to be the original Hungry's is located at 2356 Rice Boulevard directly across from Christ the King Evangelical Lutheran Church. The original restaurant appeared to be a converted Dairy Queen. Hungry's  bought the adjacent duplex, demolished it, built a new two-level restaurant, then demolished the original building and turned it into parking for the new building.

I've always liked the salads at Hungry's. I've always liked Barnaby's and I'm pleased to know they still have locations in Houston. I remember fighting the crowds at the original location on Fairview because it was worth it.

Yes, the Hungry's in the Rice Village was a Dairy Queen. I ate at the DQ a number of times in the late 1970's while attending Rice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1