Kemah Lighthouse District

Some potential changes are on tap for the Kemah Lighthouse District. Some changes are coming to traffic circulation which allows the city of Kemah to adjust streetscapes.

First up: Bradford Ave road diet.

y5cs46I.png

More exciting: closure of 6th street to create a pedestrian plaza. As expected, there is quite a bit of consternation over it. The owner of Voodoo Hut filed a lawsuit over it citing things like parking and deliveries despite there being plenty of parking in the area. I wouldn't expect this as Voodoo Hut appears to receive deliveries from Bradford. Most of the street parking on the south side of 6th Street has been built on by businesses to create more patio space while this plan would add even more. Additionally, it appears all but two buildings have access to other streets to receive deliveries so hopefully the city implements this (especially the first concept!). The Kemah Community Development Corporation authorized the posting of RFQs relating to both streetscape and 6th Street pedestrianization at their June meeting.

WfIWR16.png

I86Crgf.jpg

44CbUaT.png

uWHdDmh.png

O7SV1q9.png

• Like 4