Montrose Shake Shack is closing

clutchcity94

i am actually shocked just a little bit about Shake Shack because with the awesome The Burger Joint being almost adjacent, TBJ definitely fits in with the Montrose area/mold a little better and it IS awesome!

BUT not shocked if Sweetgreen is next because you are right, 99 percent of the time that lot is empty...no matter the time of day it seems. 

Hoping something cool goes into the SS location...as it is a prime spot in my opinion! 

• Like 1

Kind of a shocker.

It might be a little too close to the River Oaks location, but I can definitely see Rice Box returning to Montrose in this space. The bones of the structure could easily be rice box-ified with their Cyberpunk theming.

Can't I relive my 20s of drinking at Poison Girl and scarfing down some Rice Box?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, j.33 said:

Ricebox would be a cool fit. Seems like Cava could be a good fit too. Would also be happy with Mendocino Farms. 

Cava would be a fantastic addition! Tired of driving to the one on Washington and the the Med Center location has no parking.

• Like 3

Shake Shack Closing Restaurants (Nation's Restaurant News): Shake Shack is closing nine underperforming locations in Texas, California and Ohio. The company estimates between $12.8M and $13.6M in lease termination costs and future lease obligations. The closures aren't set to impact the company's expansion plans.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/28/2024 at 4:03 PM, j.33 said:

Ricebox would be a cool fit. Seems like Cava could be a good fit too. Would also be happy with Mendocino Farms. 

Too much cannibalization for Rice Box with Shepherd location just up the road.

Sweetgreen's Montrose location used to rock before the pandemic but the corporate leadership of SG never cared to make the location very desirable to dine-in again. The extra space from the failed Steel City Pops collab also hurts that location.

• Like 1