Your ideas of HAIF

Thought I would get community feedback on how to improve HAIF.

Would people like to see more neighborhood subforums? A type of plug-in or application?

I had the thought of alphabetizing the neighborhood forums. With 20+ neighborhood categories, it might be easier to read if they were in alphabetical order.

Long ago, for a little while at least, there was a map at the top of each forum topic showing the location of the building/neighborhood/etc that the topic was referring to.  It didn't last too long but it was a useful reference if you didn't know right off where the topic subject was located.  There might have been a legit technical reason it disappeared, but I'd like to see that back if feasible.  Or maybe a custom google map, accessible from the forum, with the topics pinned to it?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, EastwoodEnvoy said:

If the software supports loading the first unread post in a topic when clicking on a topic with unread messages vs just loading the first unread page that would be great. Would save a lot of scrolling to find the first post that I haven't yet read.

That's already available. Click on the dot or star next to the topic title and it will take you to the first unread message. I usually go through and right click on the star or dot and then open in a new tab. That leads to all of the stuff I want to read being open in a new tab for each of them. A star means you have posted on that thread, a dot is on threads where you haven't posted.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ross said:

That's already available. Click on the dot or star next to the topic title and it will take you to the first unread message. I usually go through and right click on the star or dot and then open in a new tab. That leads to all of the stuff I want to read being open in a new tab for each of them. A star means you have posted on that thread, a dot is on threads where you haven't posted.

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EastwoodEnvoy said:

If the software supports loading the first unread post in a topic when clicking on a topic with unread messages vs just loading the first unread page that would be great. Would save a lot of scrolling to find the first post that I haven't yet read.

I navigate the site by clicking the hamburger in the upper right hand corner, then selecting either “all activity” or “unread content.”  I then click on the time of the post to take me directly to that post.  I skim through a lot that doesn’t interest me.

• Like 1