High Spirits Tour

aaronjaye

Yes - a friend of mine told me that he went on a sort of "haunted Houston" tour that began at Spaghetti Warehouse. The cost was like $30 I think. The website he gave me - highspiritstours.com - does not exist?

Totally agree with you - a tour of spirits and liquid spirits would be excellent. We may be on to something here :lol:

Yes - a friend of mine told me that he went on a sort of "haunted Houston" tour that began at Spaghetti Warehouse. The cost was like $30 I think. The website he gave me - highspiritstours.com - does not exist?

Totally agree with you - a tour of spirits and liquid spirits would be excellent. We may be on to something here :lol:

Correct you are and that is a great idea. Could be like that Graveline Tours in LA where they take tourists around to sites where celebs have OD'd or done themselves in over the decades.

Market your idea ASAP. Someone else will do it.

I've done this before. Don't recall the name of the tour company, sorry. But yes the Spaghetti Warehouse was part of the tour. We did it a few years back, during Halloween season, so not sure if they only operate at that time of year. There was a good turnout in our group, and we did quite a bit of walking in the downtown area. This one, while not as eerie as the ones I've done in New Orleans, was unique in that many of the stops were actually inside some of the buildings so you got a much better feel for the surroundings than just looking at the outside facade. Many of the stops, coincidentally or conveniently, were pubs so the presence of suds made things more enjoyable. The tour as I recall was about 2-3 hours in length.

Brew flowing does make for a more interesting time I'm sure! Ohh - I bet New Orleans was awesome! I went on one in San Antonio about 5+ years ago. It was pretty much centered around the Alamo. Spooky.

My friend also mentioned that on this Houston tour they went inside the old Jefferson Davis hospital - did you stop there too, tanith? You can see how long ago this was...not recent. I'm going to google "Houston haunted tours" and see if anything comes up...

One more add...this same friend also told me about a house near W. Alabama/Dunlavy area that is haunted and you can actually spend the night there?

Found a tour website...

http://www.discoverhoustontours.com/

Under 2008 Tour Calendar, you will see "Broomstick Adventure" - takes place every weekend from 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. - pretty cool. It also lists places the tour covers. Also, scroll to the botom of the page and on the very left side you will see a list of all tours available, such as Blood and Money Tour, Houston Wards Tour and many more.

I'll try to find any film documenting any haunted tours...