High Spirits Tour

aaronjaye

Last week me and some co-workers went on this. The lady who runs it is, well, eccentric to say the least. It was interesting.

Started at Spaghetti Warehouse, then to Founder's Cemetery, The Brewery Tap on to Jeff Davis Hospital.

Didn't have a camera with me (dumb) so no pictures, but it was interesting. HATED seeing Jeff Davis gutted and in the process of being remodeled. The guide told us that they still dig up bones, and that they are only allowed to dig so many feet down...

Anyone else been on this?

The guide told us that they still dig up bones, and that they are only allowed to dig so many feet down... 

What do they do with the bones? Did you "feel" anything strange when you were on the tour? (You know - some people say they get cold, tingly or nauseous, etc...)

They didn't take you to the Ideson Library with the old haunted tree out in front? Supposedly there is a ghost inside the library who plays a violin at night. And, some say one of the trees in front of the building is haunted and has cold spots around it. I don't know. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When they were digging in the basement a few gravesites as well as several bones were found and documented. They only dug down far enough to place the new plumbing and dig up the old. Not much was disturbed at all. Over all, the place has been pretty quiet so far with the exception of a few encounters and sightings. They are about to step up the construction phase so if you still want to get semi close to old place I recommend you go now before they push out the barriers.

Basement digging #1

Mostly covered up grave marker

More basement piping

Enjoy.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The next scheduled date is March 5th. A friend & are signing up. (You must reserve in advance.) Anyone else here going??

Also, I asked before, but no one answered... Does anyone know if they actually take you into the hospital & around the grounds, or if it's just around the outside gates?

Thanks in advance.

The next scheduled date is March 5th. A friend & are signing up. (You must reserve in advance.)  Anyone else here going??

Also, I asked before, but no one answered... Does anyone know if they actually take you into the hospital & around the grounds, or if it's just around the outside gates?

Thanks in advance.

NO! You do not get to go into the hospital at all . Actually you will never get to go into it again unless you are a resident or a member of the construction crew. The whole place is being rebuilt. It does not even look like it use to anymore. I will try to post up a current picture of the place soon. It is almost totally rebuilt and looks almost brand new.

Still haunted but much nicer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
NO! You do not get to go into the hospital at all . Actually you will never get to go into it again unless you are a resident or a member of the construction crew. The whole place is being rebuilt. It does not even look like it use to anymore. I will try to post up a current picture of the place soon. It is almost totally rebuilt and looks almost brand new.

Still haunted but much nicer.

Have any new pics, been looking all over the net and can only find pictures of the old building?

• 1 year later...

I'm entirely willing to believe there are ghosts in there. But one explanation I heard for the voices could be the way the building is constructed. Someone who used to live there told me the long hallways would carry voices well. So if you were on one end of the hall, it was easy to hear someone talking on the other end of the hall.

On a side note, I wonder if the elevator was fixed during the renovation.

• 1 year later...