Metal Stud Framing Company US Frame Factory Moving to Houston

Mateo Atwi

Hello everyone,

My brother and I are in our twenties and we run a small manufacturing and prefabrication outfit in Louisiana called US Frame Factory. We decided that we would like to start a sales location and eventually a prefabrication location in Texas! We manufacture metal studs and prefabricate cold-formed steel trusses and wall panels.

We would appreciate any advice for how to get integrated with the AEC community in Houston. I've attached some photos of projects we've worked on and a brochure.

Thanks!

Mateo Atwi

PXL_20240117_150715035.jpg

DJI_0204.JPG

1721506421384 (3).jpeg

US Frame Factory Brochure.pdf

I would reach out to Housing Contractors first, smaller architectural firms, and structural engineering firms. My opinion is the light-gage framing has some obvious advantages over wood framing in this part of the country but that takes convincing architects who've had same standard details for 20+ years. 

My own home battles with termites and water infiltration in my own home has made me want to design my next home with light-gage metal studs and structural steel, even if it is more expensive.