Describe your dream city

MidtownCoog

This is a neat read from Talking Point.

Add your comments:

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=20060622013425

I found this one funny:

The climate of San Antonio, the public transportation of Toronto, the prices of Houston, the architecture of San Francisco, the cleanliness of Berne, the charm (and the women) of Paris. Now that would be an ideal city.

Toronto's city and vibe with L.A.'s movie appeal factor (movie making appeal) with L.A. weather (-sunny-and Toronto has GREAT Transportation...Houston's transportation ....yea...)

Oh and the mountains of Colorado! :P

Houston would look awesome with mountains!! Give the city a neat little edge ;)

If Houston had mountains, I'd prefer it be surrounding the city. The thing I like most about Phoenix is that the city itself is fairly flat but you can always look up in any direction and see some interesting mountainscapes.

I'm not a big fan of overbearing hills or mountains in the city. Makes traveling the topography more difficult, IMO. And sometimes, your views are blocked.

• 3 weeks later...
If we *(Houston) had mountains facing the Gulf of Mexico, would it be possible for hurricanes to come through to Houston? or would we get sprinkles?

It would depend on the height of the mountains... ;)

My ideal city would be:

Los Angeles Weather, Cologne's Public Transportation, Paris' Model/Media Hype, New York & London's Night Life, Galveston to be like Ibiza, The Cleanliness of Singapore, The Hospitality, Spirit, and Skyline of Houston, and the same geographic features of Denver, and the greenary/vegitation of Upstate New York.