diatomaceous earth ... where can i buy it here in houston?

houstonmacbro

where can you get diatomaceous earth (de)? is this sold at home stores like lowes or home depot?

i am helping my mother combat a severe flea infestation in the house, yard, etc. and on her dog and it is not pretty. we shaved the dog yesterday, bathed him and took him to the vet (treated with frontline) but i think that is half the battle.

we've heard that de is really good as it somehow combats all sorts of ground based insects with a non-toxic physical agent (ground up diatoms).

her property seems to have fleas in the sand of the house that was just built.

i want to try DE but cannot seem to find it anywhere here in houston. help!

Edited by houstonmacbro

where can you get diatomaceous earth (de)? is this sold at home stores like lowes or home depot?

they sell it at whole foods but it is NOT pet friendly as there is silica in it.

i highly recommend it from the wabash feed store on washington ave.

--- it's less expensive and pet friendly.

Fleas in the yard..

Take a yard sprayer...even a miracle grow spray. FILL about a 1/3 of the container Non-concentrated LEMON JOY and FLEA SOAP. spray the yard.......

It coats the fleas and ticks so they can't move and dehydrates them. We did this the first year we moved to the Woodlands and had an infestation in the back yard.. Kills them all.

Inside, any powered soap brushed into the carpet, then vacuum out in a few hours

PS- create a little spray bottle of same mixture and spray the dogs down a little when they come in the house

Edited by KatieDidIt