The Optical Building At 1125-1127 E. 11th St.

Bill Davenport

I'm looking for information on the history/former occupants/especially old pictures of 1125-1127 E 11th St, the derelict two-story building in the little commercial strip with DaCapo's. and info or leads on what this building was, who built it, what it used to look like would be appreciated.

I went in there with my fiancee. We had actually considered purchasing it. It is a mess in there. But that place will be sweet with some money and tlc. I have some pics. but I'm not sure how to upload them.

Are you the guy that has it pending?

Yes, that's us. We're going to supply the TLC. The holy grail would be a picture of the building as originally built circa 1930.

We live in the neighborhood right behind there. I am thrilled someone is going to rehab that building. What a great spot!

Can you tell us what you're going to do with it?

My wife and I are artists; we'll live upstairs with our two sons, ages 3 and 5, and use the storefronts downstairs as studio/gallery space, maybe rent one out to a business. We're still in the planning phase.

That is such a great use of a wonderful building. I hope the reno goes smoothly for you. Good luck!

Viula

My wife and I are artists; we'll live upstairs with our two sons, ages 3 and 5, and use the storefronts downstairs as studio/gallery space, maybe rent one out to a business. We're still in the planning phase.

Sweet! It is great that someone is going to do something with that building. Great location and potential. Best of luck to you!

• The title was changed to The Optical Building - 11th St. At Studewood St.
  • The title was changed to The Optical Building At 1125-1127 E. 11th St.