Aga Khan Foundation: Islamic Community Center

torvald

Yes, you’re right about the HAIFr drama.  By my last count we’ve had two casualties of war on the forum!  Apparently over thread names/organization and not enough love for illustrations provided.  I personally blame @monarch for the latter as that’s his department to pass out blue ribbons for the best illustrations!  JK Monarch! 🤣  I know you’ve been busy with the SEC hoopla!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, hbg.50 said:

Yes, you’re right about the HAIFr drama.  By my last count we’ve had two casualties of war on the forum!  Apparently over thread names/organization and not enough love for illustrations provided.  I personally blame @monarch for the latter as that’s his department to pass out blue ribbons for the best illustrations!  JK Monarch! 🤣  I know you’ve been busy with the SEC hoopla!

spacer.png

^^^ @hbg.50 BEST POST of today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Some nice images here, but also very good commentary from Starchitect Moussavi, principal of the AK2 Kara, and Principal of landscaper company Woltz.  Video from oversight committee visit 3 weeks ago.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the pics!  What I love about this project is it is designed for weather events, and there was no mention of Hurricane Beryl damage in the video.

4 hours ago, Amlaham said:

Really hoping the Montrose Blvd rebuild gets approved, because its looking rough adjacent to this site.

“Rough” is a big stretch, but I do support any beautification of Montrose Boulevard.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hbg.50 said:

Thanks for the pics!  What I love about this project is it is designed for weather events, and there was no mention of Hurricane Beryl damage in the video.

“Rough” is a big stretch, but I do support any beautification of Montrose Boulevard.

For a major street in America's 4th largest city, this stretch of Montrose its most definitely rough. Theres no side walk on the western portion, and the one and only sidewalk is extremely narrow and not protected from multiple curb cuts (5 total). Also, Houston's busiest trail/ Buffalo Bayou trial has an entrance directly in front of this site. In this 0.3 mile section of Montrose... theres only 5 overhead street lights. This will be an International landmark (1/7 world wide), people from all over the world will visit this ....come on dude, we deserve better aesthetics. 

ScreenShot2024-08-02at2_18_48PM.png.85c40adc3d437d338da4fb80f658c43e.png

ScreenShot2024-08-02at2_21_52PM.png.96803a592a4a10c934ad397e8ba0d633.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

For a major street in America's 4th largest city, this stretch of Montrose its most definitely rough. Theres no side walk on the western portion, and the one and only sidewalk is extremely narrow and not protected from multiple curb cuts (5 total). Also, Houston's busiest trail/ Buffalo Bayou trial has an entrance directly in front of this site. In this 0.3 mile section of Montrose... theres only 5 overhead street lights. This will be an International landmark (1/7 world wide), people from all over the world will visit this ....come on dude, we deserve better aesthetics. 

ScreenShot2024-08-02at2_18_48PM.png.85c40adc3d437d338da4fb80f658c43e.png

ScreenShot2024-08-02at2_21_52PM.png.96803a592a4a10c934ad397e8ba0d633.png

It’s under construction.  Give me a break.  There are other real issues to complain about.  Let them finish construction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, hbg.50 said:

It’s under construction.  Give me a break.  There are other real issues to complain about.  Let them finish construction.

This would be a fairer objection if the context weren't a recent cancellation of a pedestrian-bike-drainage-canopy upgrade project.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 004n063 said:

This would be a fairer objection if the context weren't a recent cancellation of a pedestrian-bike-drainage-canopy upgrade project.

It’s only been paused, correct?  It could still happen with modifications.

If you want to see “rough” I would submit Hardy from 610 to Downtown.

they can both be rough haha...you can't really compare things like that. rough is rough and BOTH should be taken care of :) 

and i agree...montrose definitely needs an update and cannot wait to see what they do with it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...