University of Houston Campus Developments

elecpharm

3 minutes ago, hindesky said:

@TheSirDingle I heard from two different people (an orthopedic surgeon and a surgical tech) that UH might consider purchasing St. Joseph Hospital to use as their  medical training hospital. Any truth to the rumor?

Haven't heard anything on my side, but we've been in football/new semester mode over the past couple of weeks. I can ask around to see if anybody bites.

• Like 3

On 8/20/2024 at 11:25 PM, hbg.50 said:

A housing unit with 1,000 beds, will have 10 floors or more floors to fit in that small area.

The Quad circled in blue below has 1,197 beds and is mostly 4 floors.

GVd711fW8AAHbPh.jpeg

• Like 5

On 8/25/2024 at 1:14 PM, Stew said:

A housing unit with 1,000 beds, will have 10 floors or more floors to fit in that small area.

The Quad circled in blue below has 1,197 beds and is mostly 4 floors.

GVd711fW8AAHbPh.jpeg

A minor inconvenience. 

Moody Towers are twin 18-story high-rise residence halls located in the Wheeler District on the campus of the University of Houston in Houston, Texas, United States. It was named for William Lewis Moody, Jr. and his wife Libbie Shearn Moody of Galveston, Texas, and houses 1,100 students. Wikipedia

9 minutes ago, hbg.50 said:

A minor inconvenience. 

Moody Towers are twin 18-story high-rise residence halls located in the Wheeler District on the campus of the University of Houston in Houston, Texas, United States. It was named for William Lewis Moody, Jr. and his wife Libbie Shearn Moody of Galveston, Texas, and houses 1,100 students. Wikipedia

Correct. I was just pointing out that the new 1000 bed freshmen housing will have to be 10 or more floors to fit in that small area.

On 7/23/2024 at 2:20 PM, hbg.50 said:

It looks great!  I hope the University shuts down Cullen to vehicular traffic on football game days.  I remember when TDECU first opened Cullen was filled with food trucks and tailgaters.  If they’re smart they’ll go back to that setup.

Just announced…Cullen Boulevard will be closed for game day activities 7 hours before the start of the football game…

Pregame activities shift to Cullen Boulevard for more centralized, accessible space

HOUSTON – With the University of Houston Football program beginning a new era this fall under Head Coach Willie Fritz, fans can expect new and exciting changes to pregame activities including a new location for Cougar Walk and elevated tailgating experiences and opportunities.

COUGAR WALK
New in 2024, Cougar Walk will shift to Cullen Boulevard, as fans will have the opportunity to cheer and high-five their favorite Houston Football student-athletes, coaches and staff as they parade down the University's main street. Cougar Walk begins 2 hours and 30 minutes before kickoff.

The Spirit of Houston Marching Band will trumpet their first pregame performance at Cougar Walk followed by a new second routine scheduled to take place adjacent to Cougar Alley 90 minutes prior to kickoff. 

REVELXP AND STUDENT TAILGATES
New this season, RevelXP will help Coogs fans take game day to the next level with full-service tailgating. RevelXP handles all the details, set up and clean up so fans can enjoy the day with friends in prime locations near TDECU Stadium. Click here for more information.    

With a new location this season, student tailgates will shift to Cullen Boulevard to create a more centralized and accessible area for attendees.

Current University of Houston students are invited to attend Houston Athletics' Student Tailgate which is held in conjunction with the Student Government Association and Student Affairs and located near the "Coogs' House" sign on Cullen Boulevard. The student tailgate will feature a DJ, food and video games including the new EA SPORTS College Football 25. Students must show their UH ID and game ticket for free admission to the tailgate.

Cullen Boulevard will close seven (7) hours before game time with tailgating beginning four (4) hours prior to kickoff.

IMG_0597.webp

• Like 3

"Cullen Boulevard will close seven (7) hours before game time with tailgating beginning four (4) hours prior to kickoff."

I wish they would say from where to where. Last year it was closed between Wheeler and Holman. For selfish (parking) reasons I hope that's still the same.

16 minutes ago, JBTX said:

"Cullen Boulevard will close seven (7) hours before game time with tailgating beginning four (4) hours prior to kickoff."

I wish they would say from where to where. Last year it was closed between Wheeler and Holman. For selfish (parking) reasons I hope that's still the same.

Based on this image it looks like only one block between Holman and Cougar Place, directly in front of the stadium.

IMG_0598.png

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hbg.50 said:

Based on this image it looks like only one block between Holman and Cougar Place, directly in front of the stadium.

Thanks! Must have missed that in the email. Appreciate it. Go coogs!

• 2 weeks later...