Barber Tip

Heights2Bastrop

I was wondering; how many of you guys tip your barber, and how much?

I have been searching for a barber here in Bastrop, and I think I found a winner at last. My GF was with me, and she questioned me as to how big a tip I left the barber. She chided me when I told her I left $1 for a $10 charge.

Now, I

I have been searching for a barber here in Bastrop, and I think I found a winner at last. My GF was with me, and she questioned me as to how big a tip I left the barber. She chided me when I told her I left $1 for a $10 charge.

Now, I

Now, I

I tip the 20 year old girl that cuts my hair 7 dollars. The haircut costs 13, i give her a 20 and a wink, and I walk out.

I think it depends on the kind of relationship you have with your stylist/barber and or the quality of service.

[Edit] - i only go once a month though...

Edited by Sebastian De La Ghetto!

Usually $5-$6. I don't think tipping a barber is out of hand. It's not like he has a tip jar sitting there.

Were you the one that posted the story about the Pei Wei cashier holding out a water glass for you and you thought he was waving a tip jar at you? Too funny! :lol:

I use those hole-in-the-wall $2.99 hair cut shops.

The one I use has asian ladies who do a fine job.

With tax, they charge me $3.24, and I just give them a $5.00 bill, leaving them a 54% tip.

Sounds like a lot, but the cut is so thifty, it just works out that way.

Mind you, it is just get a clipper cut, which includes a short fade; basically a shaved head, very simple.

I go twice a month since.