The RO: Mixed-Use Development At West Alabama And Buffalo Spdwy.

YakuzaIce

There's an article in today's Houston Chronicle about Dan Friedkin, who is the local Houstonian behind the Auberge group, which is building the new High rise and hotel in this development. He also owns Gulf States Toyota, an Italian soccer team, an African Glamping resort, and was one of the producers of the Killing of Flower Moon. I don't have access to the Chronicle, but it sounds like something that might be interesting to read and learn a little more about this very low profile businessman.image.jpeg.c5b4f2e3c75e4c65719577a205ff33e4.jpeg

• Like 5

On 6/10/2024 at 3:58 PM, astrohip said:

On a barely semi-related note, across Alabama from this, they're scraping a field at St. John's School. The green field directly north of the baseball/soccer field. I heard from an informed source that SJS is putting in tennis courts. One source said courts only, another said a small athletic office with it.

I've confirmed they are building tennis courts, plus a softball field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm confused. Looking at this pic (from @Geoff8201 above), are they building two buildings at once? There is the smaller, skinnier strip on the very west of the property (the only part that sticks out beyond the rectangle of the main area), and there is a slightly larger const area just to the left/east of it. What's what?

ro.jpeg

9 minutes ago, astrohip said:

I'm confused. Looking at this pic (from @Geoff8201 above), are they building two buildings at once? There is the smaller, skinnier strip on the very west of the property (the only part that sticks out beyond the rectangle of the main area), and there is a slightly larger const area just to the left/east of it. What's what?

Just the Vitol Energy Trading HQ is being built by Tellepsen right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1