The RO: Mixed-Use Development At West Alabama And Buffalo Spdwy.

YakuzaIce

On 6/29/2024 at 8:22 PM, Urbannizer said:

Unable to read the article without subscribing. Is this a final rendering for Parcel 2, which is currently being worked on now? I have not seen much in the way of updates on what was originally the 13-Story “Jenga” building in older renderings.

• Like 4

This week’s photo. The hole is getting bigger.

I’ll also was finally able to read the Costar article @Urbannizer posted a link to (but required a subscription). Learned some good info I wasn’t aware of before.

The Vitol building will be a total of 146,000 square feet in the 2.3 acre Parcel 2 with three levels of the above ground parking garage. Seems the rendering from the article looks accurate to those numbers. What confuses me is are permits that state 479,226 sq ft (the entire property is 740,000 sq ft or 17 acres)…….. Maybe the permits cover multiple parcels for the site work?

Transwestern sold the 4.7 acre Parcel 7 at the south end of the property to Oxy and that will be the site of their building in the near future. Felt like I missed this news before.

The restaurant / retail portion of the development will occupy 75,000 sq ft.

IMG_7314.jpeg

• Like 9

17 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I still have PTSD from Regent Square. I hope this gets fully developed as promised. 

Fair to have PTSD on Regent Square. The RO will be a very special development for Houston and be a major catalyst for the area. This is not one to be worried about!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That was one serious storm…

While doing damage assessment here, looked over to see The RO had quite a lot of water to pump out. Took this just after the storm.

I feel bad for whomever had to pick up the blown over port-a-potties.

Today it’s a mud pit with more rain expected, but crews are back on site.

IMG_7433.jpeg

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Geoff8201 said:

That was one serious storm…

While doing damage assessment here, looked over to see The RO had quite a lot of water to pump out. Took this just after the storm.

I feel bad for whomever had to pick up the blown over port-a-potties.

Today it’s a mud pit with more rain expected, but crews are back on site.

I'm gonna be really pissed if they have power there, while our bldg of 200 people, which literally overlooks The RO, is going on Day Four of no power.

But hey, "assessments" are currently under way.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2024 at 8:35 AM, astrohip said:

I'm gonna be really pissed if they have power there

Everything they are currently doing is being done with diesel powered equipment including the construction trailer, it has its own generator.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, hindesky said:

Everything they are currently doing is being done with diesel powered equipment including the construction trailer, it has its own generator.

Thanks, yeah I should have realized this. We ended up getting power Thursday. Better than some folks still waiting...

• Like 2

If these tower crane coordinates for the FAA Obstruction permits are correct these two cranes are going to be pretty close to each other although the taller is 71' higher than the shorter one.

ejjYBZx.png

4VfG4yh.png

l0xAf52.png

K0zOLUl.png

• Like 7

Nice to see this one getting started. Feels like forever when the first images dropped. Downloading some consultant models for a project, so had a little down time today.

Hope all y'all are doing good. Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. Y'all know how life works.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2024 at 10:27 AM, hindesky said:

If these tower crane coordinates for the FAA Obstruction permits are correct these two cranes are going to be pretty close to each other although the taller is 71' higher than the shorter one.

ejjYBZx.png

4VfG4yh.png

l0xAf52.png

K0zOLUl.png

They are digging a deep hole within the hole in this exact spot of the first image. I’m guessing for the crane foundation pour.

• Like 3