The RO: Mixed-Use Development At West Alabama And Buffalo Spdwy.

YakuzaIce

When I went by around 10 am they hadn't erected anything yet. I'm guessing it's too windy. All cranes have a note section in the operating manual that specify what that particular crane can safely operate at depending on the wind speed. The Tadano RT's I was operating could be operated up to 25mph above that you had to derate the capacities by 50% and when the wind is 32mph or higher you aren't supposed to operate the crane at all. The wind on the ground isn't what it is at the tip of the boom. Some crane's have an anemometer installed on the boom tip.

OfLVIHW.png

88CFTaP.jpeg

q3rBr84.jpeg

crJ5gya.jpeg

ZC1f8BF.jpeg

8VGosRF.jpeg

9mdsgfU.jpeg

kiodmTf.jpeg

iPNSCbG.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

When I went by around 10 am they hadn't erected anything yet. I'm guessing it's too windy.

It's incredibly windy around here today. I was watching this from our balcony, along with the work at the new St. John's softball/tennis complex.

Speaking of which, they were working at 6:30am. I could hear the beep-beeps from all the heavy equipment moving around. I thought Houston had a morning work curfew? I remember when I was making deliveries to job sites in the city they didn't want us there before 8am (if it involved heavy equipment making noise).

• Like 2

It was announced today that both the Commodore Perry and Luties restaurant in Austin,  and the Bowie, in Ft Worth, both Auberge properties, received 2 Michelin keys which are like the restaurant stars. Along with Emma in San Antonio they were the only hotels in Texas to receive two keys. That bodes well for the Houston future Auberge hotel. As you can imagine, our son who is g.m. of Lutie's was very excited. He added that they were receiving 30 Michelin people today to stay at the hotel. Austin had 8 hotels make the list. Dallas had 4, while Houston managed 3. Both of the ZA ZAs and Fertitta's Post Oak Hotel. They said in the article that it was disappointing that Houston the 4th largest city had very few boutique hotels.

• Like 5

On 9/12/2024 at 3:45 PM, bobruss said:

They said in the article that it was disappointing that Houston the 4th largest city had very few boutique hotels.

Houston has never had many truly luxury or boutique hotels. Its sad really. Houston's reputation of getting no tourists, and lack of media presence, is the culprit.