Cloned meats headed to American tables!

houstonmacbro

I don't know if they can clone waffles, but this was my breakfast today:

101_0067.jpg

Would you like some Waffle with your butter ? EGADS man, you might as well just drink the syrup straight from the bottle, it would save you time.

You sure are documenting your meals thoroughly. Might I ask why?

Because he is a "Cereal Killer" ! Waa-waaaaaaaaaaaa. <_<

Edited by TJones

Good news. Rather than relying upon selective breeding methods, now we can just take the biggest and best from the herd and replicate it with consistent results. When we get higher average outputs for the same or lower average inputs in a competitive market, prices will drop.

It'll benefit the poor more than the wealthy, though. I fully expect a bunch of elitists with no sympathy for the poor to try and be a roadblock, but hopefully this'll won't get shot down.

:closedeyes:

I remember a major problem with animal cloning was the deteriorated condition of chromosomes taken from adult cells. Apparently our DNA ages with us or something, so new animals beginning life with our old junk will inherit problems not present at birth. All in all, it makes sense, because no one really knows how we age. I actually wouldn't want to eat products made from animals suffering from health problems caused by premature aging, but it looks like consumers won't have a choice on that one.

:closedeyes:

I remember a major problem with animal cloning was the deteriorated condition of chromosomes taken from adult cells. Apparently our DNA ages with us or something, so new animals beginning life with our old junk will inherit problems not present at birth. All in all, it makes sense, because no one really knows how we age. I actually wouldn't want to eat products made from animals suffering from health problems caused by premature aging, but it looks like consumers won't have a choice on that one.

So couldn't you just take the DNA from a group of tagged cows when they are young, and then identify which ones to use the saved DNA from later?

So couldn't you just take the DNA from a group of tagged cows when they are young, and then identify which ones to use the saved DNA from later?

Ahhh-Haaa, by then possibly reversing the process. So that, everytime a new born came along, you could just grab THOSE DNA cells, and slowly but surely return back to the original animals youthful DNA.

However, I haven't heard about the DNA mutating as we get older, or of any species as it gets older. That is interesting, I will do some surfing and read up on that.

Trae is your house filled with pictures of food? I don't think i know anyone who takes pics of their meals.

It was a onetime thing, but sometimes I take pictures of the meal I get from Timmy Chan's on my phone.

Edited by Trae

Hopefully the chicken wings are larger than the ones you get at Frenchy's and Popeyes. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

I think those wings are infantile in size! No cloning for them!!!!!

I haven't been at Frenchy's in a while. The last time I went there was last summer, it was packed. It was like 7PM and the drive-thru went onto the street.

I don't think some of you understand WHY they are "cloning" for the meat. You will quite possibly get a consistently GOOD piece of meat, without worry of "Mad Cow" or other hidden factors. They are using cattle DNA from only the strongest in the herds, you know, the cows that tasted the best after being roasted over and open flame, and trying to insure that WE the consumers get a better, healthier piece of meat.

Bring on the "clones" and the A1, it's what's for dinner !

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't think genetically engineered cows can stop Mad Cow disease, or any other disease that regular cattle get. Unfortunately. I will have to ask hubby about that.

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't think genetically engineered cows can stop Mad Cow disease, or any other disease that regular cattle get. Unfortunately. I will have to ask hubby about that.

You're correct. Mad Cow disease is a transmittable disease (sometimes caused by the practice of feeding cows animal byproducts). It is not transferred genetically, and so bears no relationship to cloning.